Filing a claim
Filing for disability insurance benefits
Understand the filing process
It’s important to know who does what if you take leave due to disability and file for Texas Income Protection Plan (TIPP) benefits. Telling your Benefits Coordinator (BC) or HR department that you’re taking disability leave is important. But your BC isn’t responsible for filing your disability claim—that part is up to you. Here’s a look at who does what.
What you need to do:
What your employer needs to do:
- Your BC or HR will ensure that your leave is documented correctly.
- After you complete your section, ask your employer (BC or HR) to complete the employer section of the disability claim form and return to you.
What the provider will do:
- After you file, ReedGroup will mail you a claim form.
- Once all sections are complete, you must return the disability claim form to ReedGroup within 10 business days after you receive the acknowledgement packet.
- ReedGroup will contact you on the status of your claim.