The Employees Retirement System (ERS) supports state employees who have dedicated their career to supporting Texas! ERS mission is to offer competitive benefits to enhance the lives of our members! Our Information Systems Division is seeking a PeopleSoft Development Team Lead for the Development Team to lead PeopleSoft developers and their work. The PeopleSoft Development Team Lead will perform highly advanced computer systems analysis and programming duties in the area of Benefits Administration, Pension Administration, HRMS and Financials Applications. Work includes training and monitoring programming personnel; project management; project coordination; systems integration; planning, scheduling and assigning programming projects; analyzing proposed computer applications; writing complex programs; and giving technical assistance to programming personnel.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to
- Educates team members concerning the processing required for the PeopleSoft applications (HRMS, Benefits Administration, Pension Administration, Payroll, and Financials).
- Provides quality control through the application of development and SDLC standards, procedures and guidelines adopted by the ERS.
- Captures metrics for all the developers’ projects with respect to productivity, quality, standards, production support and other metrics.
- Assist and mentor PeopleSoft developers in design and development of complex projects.
- Able to contribute to DevOps and identify Continuous Service Improvements.
- Assist development manager in interviewing and hiring of new developers.
- Reviews and evaluates the work of team personnel.
- Performs highly advanced analysis and development of all ERS PeopleSoft applications and modules (HRMS, Benefits Administration, Pension Administration, Payroll, and Financials).
- Maintains or assists the development team in maintaining the data integrity within the ERS PeopleSoft applications (HRMS, Benefits Administration, Pension Administration, Payroll, and Financials)
- Assists other information system sections, such as project management office and business analysts and users in defining a project or problem, feasibility of the project and provides estimates for a project or problem solution.
- Writes, tests, debugs complex PeopleSoft programs like SQR, Application Engine, PeopleCode, COBOL etc.
- Prepares detailed analysis, plans, diagrams and procedures within a technical design document for existing and proposed PeopleSoft applications.
- Determines the effort involved in implementing new systems or enhancements to existing systems due to changes in user requirements, legislative mandates, new software releases, changes in equipment configurations, etc.
- Suggests technical solutions to enhance business processing efficiency of existing and/or new processes.
- Demonstrates developed functionality to agency staff prior to the implementation of new or revised technical systems and offers advice and guidance during the implementation process.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in data processing, computer science, business or a related field. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- Six (6) years of experience with PeopleSoft PeopleTools development.
- Seven (7) years of PeopleSoft development experience with PeopleSoft HRMS, Benefits Administration, Pension Administration and/or Financials modules.
- Three (3) years of experience using SQL with an Oracle database.
- Seven (7) years of experience of writing SQR programs.
- Seven (7) years of experience of PeopleSoft PeopleCode.
- Three (3) years of experience with PeopleSoft Application Engine programming.
- Three (3) years of experience in leading a development team.
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Experience with PeopleSoft Micro Focus COBOL.
- Experience with Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) rule engine.
- Experience with PeopleSoft XML Publisher.
- Experience with PeopleSoft integration with other PeopleSoft and third party applications experience using web services.
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org