Scott & White Health Plan is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) located in central Texas that offers a wide range of health care benefits under the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP). If you live or work in a county within the plan’s service area, you can enroll in Scott & White Health Plan.
- You do not have to choose a primary care physician (PCP).
- You do not need referrals to specialists.
- There is no annual medical deductible.
- Preventive services provided by a network doctor – like annual check-ups and vaccinations – are covered at 100 percent.
- You are responsible for copayments and/or coinsurance for some doctor and hospital visits and other medical services, such as outpatient surgery and high-tech radiology.
- San Saba
- The plan is available to GBP eligible employees, retirees and dependents who live or work in the service area. Evidence of Insurability is never required to enroll in this plan.
- You can enroll in this plan during your first 60 days of employment and coverage will begin the first of the month following your 60th day of employment.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as a birth or marriage and coverage will begin on the date of birth or the first of the month following the event.
- If you are not Medicare-eligible, you can enroll during Summer Enrollment and coverage will begin on September 1 of that year. If you are a Medicare-eligible retiree, you can enroll during Fall Enrollment and coverage will begin on January 1.
Visit the Scott & White Health Plan website
for the following and more:
- taking an online health assessment,
- monitoring your health activity,
- checking claim status, and
- communicating with member services.
In an effort to improve communication with non-English speaking participants, Scott & White Health Plan uses the interpretive services of AT&T. When calling your plan representative with questions or concerns, you can be linked with an interpreter if you speak little or no English. Simply let the Scott & White Health Plan Customer Service Advocate know your primary language, and your call will be completed with the help of an AT&T interpreter.
(800) 321-7947 (TTY: (800) 735-2989)
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
3000 Briarcrest, Suite 422
Bryan, TX 77802