Scott & White Health Plan is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) located in central Texas that offers a wide range of health care benefits under the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP). If you live or work in a county within the plan’s service area, you can enroll in Scott & White Health Plan.
- You do not have to choose a primary care physician (PCP).
- You do not need referrals to specialists.
- There is no annual medical deductible.
- Preventive services provided by a network doctor – like annual check-ups and vaccinations – are covered at 100 percent.
- You are responsible for copayments and/or coinsurance for some doctor and hospital visits and other medical services, such as outpatient surgery and high-tech radiology.
- San Saba
- The plan is available to GBP eligible employees, retirees and dependents who live or work in the service area. Evidence of Insurability is never required to enroll in this plan.
- You can enroll in this plan during your first 60 days of employment and coverage will begin the first of the month following your 60th day of employment.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as a birth or marriage and coverage will begin on the date of birth or the first of the month following the event.
- If you are not Medicare-eligible, you can enroll during Summer Enrollment and coverage will begin on September 1 of that year. If you are a Medicare-eligible retiree, you can enroll during Fall Enrollment and coverage will begin on January 1.
Visit the Scott and White Health Plan website
for the following and more:
- taking an online health assessment,
- monitoring your health activity,
- checking claim status, and
- communicating with member services.
In an effort to improve communication with non-English speaking participants, Scott and White Health Plan uses the interpretive services of AT&T. When calling your plan representative with questions or concerns, you can be linked with an interpreter if you speak little or no English. Simply let the Scott and White Health Plan Customer Service Advocate know your primary language, and your call will be completed with the help of an AT&T interpreter.
(800) 321-7947 (TTY: (800) 735-2989)
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
3000 Briarcrest, Suite 422
Bryan, TX 77802