Dental benefits can help pay for you and your dependents dental expenses. The Humana Dental DHMO, administered by HumanaDental (through August 31, 2019), focuses on maintaining oral health, prevention and cost containment.
- You must use network providers and choose a primary care dentist (PCD). Before you enroll, make sure there is a DHMO network dentist in your area. You and your covered dependents are not required to select the same PCD.
- You can see a PCD as often as necessary.
- Allows for two routine exams and cleanings per calendar year.
- There are no yearly maximums or deductibles.
- Copays do not apply to services received from participating specialty dentists. Instead, you receive up to 25% off the full cost for those services.
- Orthodontic coverage is available to adults and children.
- Costs vary depending upon services provided. For a detailed list of services and coverage, visit the Humana Dental DHMO coverage page.
Eligibility and Enrollment
- The plan is available to GBP eligible employees, retirees and dependents. Evidence of Insurability is never required to enroll in this plan.
- You and your dependents must enroll in the same dental plan.
- You can enroll in this plan during your first 31 days of employment. There is no waiting period.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as a birth or marriage and coverage will begin on the date of birth or the first of the month following the event.
- You can enroll during your designated Annual Enrollment period and coverage will begin on September 1 (active employees and non-Medicare eligible retirees) of that year or January 1 (Medicare eligible retirees) of the following year.