Good overall health starts with a healthy mouth. The State of Texas Dental Choice Plan is a self-funded, Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan administered by HumanaDental that focuses on prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment to help you stay healthy.
- State of Texas Dental Choice Plan benefits overview.
- You can see the dentist of your choosing, but you save up to 30% on out-of-pocket costs when you visit a dentist in Humana Dental’s PPO network.
- Allows for two routine exams and cleanings per calendar year.
- Coverage is available for diagnostic and preventive services; basic services; major services; and orthodontic services for your dependent children through age 19.
- Costs vary depending upon services provided. For a detailed list of services and coverage, visit the State of Texas Dental Choice plan fact sheet.
- Any covered dental expense incurred during the last three months of the calendar year (October-December) that applies to the deductible will also apply to the deductible for the next calendar year. This is so the participant will not have to satisfy a deductible at the end of one year and at the start of another year.
Eligibility and Enrollment
- The plan is available to GBP eligible employees and dependents. Evidence of Insurability is never required to enroll in this plan.
- You and your dependents must enroll in the same dental plan.
- You can enroll in this plan during your first 31 days of employment. There is no waiting period.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as a birth or marriage and coverage will begin on the date of birth or the first of the month following the event.
- You can enroll during Annual Enrollment and coverage will begin on September 1 of that year.