Plan Year 2022 Resources
Summer Enrollment 2021 for active employees and retirees not eligible for Medicare has ended.
Retirees eligible for Medicare can make benefit changes during Fall Enrollment, which begins November 1.
Changes made during Summer Enrollment begin September 1, 2021.
Unless you were required to submit evidence of insurability (EOI), your Summer Enrollment changes begin on September 1. Your Plan Year 2022 monthly premium(s) and TexFlex deductions start with your October 1 paycheck.
HMO’s no longer offered starting September 1, 2021.
Starting September 1, the Scott and White Care Plans (SWCP) and Community First Health Plans (CFHP) HMOs are no longer offered through the GBP. Central Texas and San Antonio-area HMO participants automatically moved to HealthSelect of Texas® as of September 1. HMO participants also had the option to enroll in Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM, waive GBP coverage or choose Health Insurance Opt-Out Credit during Summer Enrollment.
Commuter Spending Accounts no longer offered after August 31, 2021.
The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) will no longer offer the TexFlexSM Commuter Spending Account (CSA) after August 31, 2021.
PayFlex becomes new TexFlex administrator on September 1, 2021.
On September 1, 2021, PayFlex® became the third-party administrator (TPA) of TexFlex flexible spending accounts (FSAs), including health care, dependent care and limited-purpose FSAs.
Plan Year 2022 Rates and Comparison Charts
- Rates (employees and retirees not eligible for Medicare) (pdf)
- Health Plan Comparison Chart (pdf)
- Dental Plan Comparison Chart (pdf)
- Vision Plan Comparison Chart (pdf)
ERS Summer Enrollment Materials
- Active Employees Guide (pdf)
- Retirees and Families Guide (pdf)
- Survivors Guide (pdf)
- COBRA/COBRA Disability Guide (pdf)
- ERS Summer Enrollment presentation (pdf)
- ERS Summer Enrollment presentation (video)
- Know Your Optional Benefits (pdf)
- Know Your Optional Benefits (video)
- Notice of Creditable Coverage (NOCC) (pdf)
- TexFlex program updates (pdf)