If you are an active employee or retiree not enrolled in Medicare, Summer Enrollment will be here before you know it. The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) encourages you to prepare now for Summer Enrollment 2020, where you will have an opportunity to enroll in new benefits programs or change current coverage for yourself and your eligible dependents.
Your ERS OnLine account
One of the most important things you can do to prepare for Summer Enrollment is to verify your personal information. For example, you may have moved this year. Make sure ERS has your latest mailing address. If you don’t update your contact information, you might not get important benefits information from us.
- Visit My Account Login on the ERS website.
- If you have registered for an ERS OnLine account, click Proceed to Login. If you do not have an account yet, click Register Now to create one.
- After logging in to your account, your individual home page should come up.
- Review and, if needed, update your personal information, including your mailing address.
- If you make any changes, double-check to make sure you entered them all correctly.
For example, if you accidentally type “321 Sunny Lane” instead of “123 Sunny Lane,” someone down the street from you will get your Summer Enrollment packet.
To make sure ERS mails your Summer Enrollment packet to your latest address, please update your contact information with ERS by 5 p.m. CT on May 29.
When can I make changes to my benefits?
Summer Enrollment occurs in stages, based on where you work. During your agency’s or institution’s two-week phase (see box below
), you can make or change your benefit elections.
No benefits changes to make? No problem, you do not need to do anything. Your current coverage will carry forward to the new plan year, which begins September 1.
If you do want to make changes during Summer Enrollment, you will be able to do so in one of two ways:
- Sign in to your ERS OnLine account.
- Contact your benefits coordinator or human resources department.
Find out which Summer Enrollment phase your agency or higher education institution is in.
|This year, Summer Enrollment runs from June 22 to July 24, with the following phases:
- Phase 1: Monday, June 22 – Saturday, July 4
- Phase 2: Monday, June 29 – Saturday, July 11
- Phase 3: Monday, July 6 – Saturday, July 18
- Phase 4: Monday, July 13 – Friday, July 24
We’ll add more information to the Summer Enrollment page
as it becomes available.