- ERS Human Resources is viewed as a partner with focus on providing consultative support for employees and leadership.
- ERS Human Resources is a growing team that promotes opportunity for growth including:
- Interaction with ERS Leadership
- Professional development with HR specific training
- Opportunities to work on projects
- Assistance with relevant certifications
- Flexible work schedule – Focus on results, productivity and efficiency.
- With the state’s defined benefit retirement plan, new state employees hired on or after 09/01/22 become vested for lifetime annuity payments after just five years of state service.
Looking for Human Resources (HR) Operations Support specialist to provide technical and administrative support to the HR Director and the HR Team. Work involves assisting with or coordinating various HR functions, operations and daily intake requests, which include but not limited to talent management, training and development, performance management, compensation and classification program, and employee benefits. The ideal candidate is detailed-oriented, able to review processes and provide efficient solutions, customer-focused and team-driven.
Essential Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Provides administrative support of HR office to include scanning documents for e-filing, filing physical documents, copies, and checking/routing the HR mail.
- Provides professional customer service; greeting and assisting visitors to HR office, answering inquiries by email and phone.
- Review and perform system entry of and file performance evaluations into personnel folders
- File leave documentation, job descriptions, and approved salary actions documents. Log and maintain filing records.
- Performs data entry, tracking data, and maintaining various logs and spreadsheets; may use HRIS to assist with employee leave entry.
- Generates routine and ad hoc reports and analyzing data in support of HR functions.
- Create personnel folders, including New Hire folders and separations folders.
- Receive and process applications for employment; working the employment email box; sending responses on external career websites (Indeed.com; Work in Texas, etc.) and; responding to candidate questions.
- Assist with screening applications for employment.
- Conduct onboarding for new temporary workers and contractors.
- Assist with training coordination for in-person and hybrid training sessions.
- Assist with purging paper files; close job posting files; leave documentation files and; payroll documents.
- Provides assistance to managers and supervisors on HR matters.
- Performs research, studies, and review work in support of various HR areas, and may provide recommendations and reports based on findings.
- May serve as lead contact or coordinator in support of special HR projects. May assist with implementation of Special projects and Employee related events or initiatives.
- May provide advice and/or recommendations for HR related matters to employees and managers.
- Gather and coordinate data for various routine reports or presentations and may publish final documents for publication.
- May serve as back-up to time and leave coordinator.
Required Minimum QualificationsYour application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Completion of high school or equivalent plus completion of 30-60 semester hours (depending on classification level) in a related field from an accredited college or university. One (1) year of human resources experience may be substituted over the minimum required college credit.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ (depending on experience) of relevant HR experience (experience should include some or all of the following):
- Maintaining electronic and paper filing systems
- Customer Service in a professional setting
- Screening applications for minimum qualifications
- Review and/or processing of job postings
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Conducting orientation and/or onboarding of new employees
- Conducting research, review and data entry of HR information
Preferred QualificationsThere are no preferred qualifications listed for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: ERS operates in a hybrid work environment. This role may be granted the opportunity to work from home, but must be able to commute to ERS Office on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. ERS reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com.
How to Apply: Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources Office by 5 P.M. on the closing date:
- A State of Texas Application for Employment (resumes will be accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for Employment).
- An ERS Qualifications Form.
The above forms may be located at this link: https://www.ers.texas.gov/careers/How-to-Apply. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists, or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
Visit the State Auditor’s office webpage for access to additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting. (The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description.) Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions.