Essential Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Stay abreast of evolving RPA technologies and work with business partners to identify automation opportunities
- Work with key business partners to evaluate automation opportunities and capture business requirements
- Provide automation guidance to non-technical business partners with automation process design
- Design, develop, test, implement and maintain software robots
- Create process and end-user documentation
- Install and test automation software upgrades
- Test the automation environment after installation of security updates
- Monitor unattended robots and coordinate support activities when bots fail
- Track and score proposed automations for feasibility of implementation and value using standardized RPA scoring tools and methods
- Track and manage automations as underlying enterprise systems continue to evolve (change management role)
- Work with IS Management to establish processes and standards to govern initial phase of Citizen Development
- Provide coaching/coordinate vendor training for Citizen Developers
- Support RPA deployments and troubleshoot RPA production issues outside of work hours (includes participation in an on-call rotation as-needed).
- Assists in analyzing and defining agency disaster recovery responsibilities and procedures.
- Assists with budget recommendations for operating systems, including the supporting hardware and software.
- May supervise the work of others.
Required Minimum QualificationsYour application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business or technical field. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of college credit.
- Five (5) to six (6) years’ experience (depending on classification level) in a related technical role.
- One (1) year of experience developing and consuming APIs.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
Preferred QualificationsExperience or knowledge in the following areas are a plus.
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in any of the following programming languages: .Net., Java, Python, VB Script, C/C++.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: ERS operates in a hybrid work environment, with flexible work schedules available to all employees. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com.
How to Apply: Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources Office:
- A State of Texas Application for Employment (resumes will be accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for Employment).
- An ERS Qualifications Form.
The above forms may be located at this link: https://www.ers.texas.gov/careers/How-to-Apply. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists, or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
Visit the State Auditor’s office webpage for access to additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting. (The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description.) Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions.