The Pharmacy Benefits Plan Manager plays a critical role in ensuring State employees receive competitive benefits under the Group Benefits Program (GBP). The Pharmacy Benefits Plan Manager will perform contract management, performance oversight activities, and consultative services for the self-funded commercial prescription drug benefits plan, and the Employer Group Waiver Plan with Wrap available under the GBP. The Pharmacy Benefits Manager works under the direct supervision of the Director of Health Plan Operations.
ERS’ mission is to offer competitive benefits to enhance the lives of our members! ERS promotes a strong work-life balance while driving employee excellence through professional development, a collaborative working environment and a competitive benefits package. If you are looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of 1 of every 54 Texans, look to ERS!
Essential Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Perform plan management activities: Serve as the primary operational contact for plan vendors including establishing and maintaining positive working relationships. Conduct ongoing oversight for the administration of the HealthSelect Prescription Drug Program and the HealthSelect MedicareRx plan. Coordinate business solutions and facilitate the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Perform contract management activities: Perform and oversee analysis of contracting policies to ensure compliance with contract deliverables and implement vendor strategies. Serve as the daily point of contact between the vendors and ERS, including gathering all relevant information to present to applicable stakeholders, as appropriate. Perform contract monitoring activities specific to the plans.
- Analyze the impact of legislation, regulations and policies and provide recommendations or analysis of impact related to the health plans.
- Perform Proposal Development and Bid Response Evaluation activities: Provide recommendations for proposals, review and analyze contract requirements, and apply best practices for evaluation of bid proposals.
- Perform other responsibilities that may include consulting with internal legal counsel, assisting with board meetings, and serving as the program Subject Matter Expert for internal stakeholders.
Required Minimum QualificationsYour application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Each year of related experience over the required may be substitutes for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- Five (5) years of experience in health insurance, health or employee benefits administration.
- Three (3) years of experience with medical benefits operations (pharmacy benefits operations preferred) and service delivery.
- Two (2) years of experience with coordinating activities between multiple stakeholders and/or project management experience.
- Two (2) years of experience working with tables and formulas in Microsoft Excel.
- Two (2) years of experience editing benefit documents, and drafting reports and documents to relay complex information.
Preferred QualificationsYour application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Two (2) years of experience with contract management activities and concepts.
- Two (2) years of experience with business system controls, quality assurance, and/or auditing principles and methodology.
Complies with the requirements of Texas Government Code 2262.053 to have and maintain the Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) designation; or ability to obtain the CTCM designation within the time period prescribed by the direct supervisor.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: ERS operates in a hybrid work environment, with flexible work schedules available to all employees. Limited travel may be required. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources Office:
- A State of Texas Application for Employment (resumes will be accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for Employment).
- An ERS Qualifications Form.
The above forms may be located at this link: https://www.ers.texas.gov/careers/How-to-Apply. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists, or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please, contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
Visit the State Auditor’s office webpage for access to additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting. (The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description.) Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions.