Essential Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Develops and maintains expert knowledge of the drivers and trends within the global economy and uses critical thinking to evaluate their expected impact on the Trust.
- Demonstrates strong economic forecasting and modeling skills, masters functionality of primary analytical software tools, shows willingness to share skills with others, and shows a desire to continuously improve their skillset.
- Conducts financial and economic research to monitor the expected performance of current holdings while recommending additional strategies that complement the existing portfolio.
- Identifies key developments affecting performance across assets and demonstrates a balanced approach with respect to asset allocation and liquidity management.
- Make all investment recommendations within applicable guidelines and risk constraints. Maintains documentation supporting investment recommendations.
- Provides recommendations to the Managing Director of Portfolio Management regarding updates and changes to the program policy and design within the Portfolio Management team. Communicates efficiently, effectively, and in a timely manner through a variety of channels, both verbally and in writing.
- Prepares for all meetings and participates in team meetings with ideas and observations that improve investment performance. Shows ability to manage priorities and focus time on most productive opportunities.
- Maintains good working relationships and collaborates well with colleagues and vendors. Provides prompt and accurate responses to requests for information, analysis and opinion.
- Travels domestically and internationally for macroeconomic and strategy-focused conferences, continuing education, and other functions to develop the knowledge, resources and contacts necessary for maintaining quality research and analysis.
Required Minimum QualificationsYour application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with degree major in finance, economics, accounting, or a related field.
- Five (5) years working in economic research and/or portfolio management.
- Each level of the CFA program successfully completed may be substituted for six (6) months of required work experience.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, economics and/or accounting may substitute for one (1) year of work experience.
Preferred QualificationsYour application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Master's degree in business, finance, economics and/or accounting.
- Current participation in Chartered Financial Analyst program or CFA designation.
- Experience using Bloomberg and/or similar software and information systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Exposure to a broad range of asset classes, including both public and private markets.
- Experience within public/private pension systems and/or other large institutions with broadly diversified holdings.
- Experience traveling domestically and abroad for business.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: ERS operates in a hybrid work environment, with flexible work schedules available to all employees. Domestic and international travel is required. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources Office:
- A State of Texas Application for Employment (resumes will be accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for Employment).
- An ERS Qualifications Form.
The above forms may be located at this link: https://www.ers.texas.gov/careers/How-to-Apply. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists, or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please, contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
Visit the State Auditor’s office webpage for access to additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting. (The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description.) Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions.