Data and its impact on effective operations are vital to ERS. Our Data Management Services (DMS) team is responsible for creating and supporting the enterprise data warehouse as well as supporting data quality and data governance agency-wide. Working in collaboration with the Enterprise Data Officer, the DMS team is seeking an experienced Business Integration and Report Developer/Analyst. Come join our team! You will enjoy learning new technologies; interfacing with teams from across the agency including IT support teams, executive leadership, and business subject matter experts; and bring your expertise in establishing Tableau as an integral part of the reporting and analytics done here at ERS.
The ideal candidate will have excellent Tableau visualization development skills and solid experience in Tableau server administration and support. But we also need someone who can dig in and understand the data. Can you pull it together, create data sources and help the data consumers make sense of it all? Can you offer wisdom and insight into reporting and analytics as a discipline and help ERS create an environment that meets our needs? Our current agency toolset includes Tableau but we want a candidate who can help us build up reporting and analytics at ERS irrespective of the tools. We need someone who can demonstrate proficiency as it relates to best practices, governance, standards, data collection, analysis, story development, and highly advanced, refined visualizations. Work is performed under minimal to considerable supervision of the data management services team lead with considerable to extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgement.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and gathers business requirements and turns them into working design specifications
- Coordinates, designs, develops and maintain professional customer facing data sources and dashboards in Tableau using various reproducible data sources, views, calculations and parameters
- Serves as the point of contact (subject matter expert) for answering questions or helping users resolve Tableau issues
- Contributes to the team’s dimensional modeling efforts and help model for data sources/ reporting
- Develops best practices and standards for all licensed users to create their own visualizations
- Develops a framework for certifying reports and dashboards
- Provides additional data warehousing support as neededPerforms other duties as assigned
As a Systems Analyst V,
- Contributes and participates in an agency Tableau user group
- Assists with technical support for upgrades, server configurations and integration with other tools like SharePoint
- Provides guidance and support for agency governance of reporting and analytics including Tableau
As a Systems Analyst VI,
- Facilitates Tableau user training and support during lunch and learn sessions and Tableau user group meetings
- Provides technical support for upgrades, server configurations and integration with other tools like SharePoint.
- Leads the development of agency governance of reporting and analytics including Tableau
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, economics, finance, library science or related business field; experience may be substitute for education, up to a maximum of three years.
- Four (4) to five (5) years (based on classification level) of experience developing and supporting Tableau.
- Five (5) to six (6) years (based on classification level) of experience mining data leveraging SQL (SQL server and/or Oracle).
- Three (3) years of experience documenting standards, best practices, and governance as it relates to Tableau (reporting and analytics).
- Three (3) years of experience soliciting, documenting and communicating user requirements.
- Two (2) years of experience in dimensional modeling for data warehouses.
- Industry experience in health/life insurance, accounting, financials or investments.
- Experience with ERP applications (i.e. PeopleSoft, Workday, etc.).
- Experience working with HIPAA data.
- Experience with other analytic and reporting tools (Alteryx, SSRS, SSAS, Business Objects, Power BI, R/Python).
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct TXDPS/FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org