Come join our Operations Support Division and provide outstanding customer care while delivering support services to the Employees Retirement System. Our Records and Information Management Unit is seeking an experienced Document Services Tech to perform advanced (senior-level) electronic document imaging and printing services. Work involves the operation and maintenance of digital imaging equipment and software, scanners, reproduction and bindery equipment; and scheduling and completing print orders and other duplication services. Performs complex microfilm research and retrieval functions. Work is performed under the supervision of the Records Management Officer with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to
- Converts paper records into digital images by scanning documents: includes document collection, document preparation, batch sorting, and scanning, using established rules and guidelines.
- Performs visual inspection on each scanned image; identifies and corrects errors.
- Researches, locates, retrieves and scans or prints copies of microfilmed records for customers.
- Trains staff in research, equipment use and related functions as needed.
- Operates, adjusts, maintains, and determines proper settings for reproduction, imaging, or bindery equipment.
- Determines job priorities and schedules print orders.
- Assists with the storage and disposition of records.
- Performs on-call and scheduled after hours work as required.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
- Maintains record keeping and filing systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Required Minimum Qualifications
: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent.
- Four (4) years’ administrative support experience, including one (1) year in electronic document imaging and retrieval systems.
- Two (2) years of experience with two or more of the following activities:
- electronic document imaging
- performing quality control functions
- retrieve paper, microform, and electronic documents
- providing customer service in an office and/or scanning/microfilming environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Word, Excel.
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Experience with electronic document imaging or microfilm automated indexing and retrieval systems.
- Experience with pension and group benefits programs.
- Experience using SharePoint.
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com