Who we are
The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) administers the retirement and group health benefit programs for the employees and retirees of State of Texas agencies and some higher education institutions. These programs are an investment in the state workforce, funded by participating members and the state. The benefits help ensure that Texas has the workers needed to provide services Texans rely on daily. These benefits contribute to the financial security and overall well-being of State of Texas employees, retirees and their families and help to make Texas a great place to live, work and visit.
What we need
Highly organized and motivated person to assist the Information Systems Division in nontechnical processes and program administration. In this role, you will work with a team to assist in routine office management including administrative coordination of IS purchases, specifications, and procurement. You will work under the Chief Information Officer and have moderate to general supervision and latitude to demonstrate initiative and independent judgment. You will work individually and with teams that exhibit a collaborative culture. Finally, you must be analytical, a self-starter, a team player, have a keen eye for detail and be motivated to meet the demands of requests.
What you will get
We offer a competitive salary, excellent health benefits and a stable, dynamic work environment in Austin, Texas, close to the capital and across from the University of Texas. This is not just a job, but an excellent opportunity to help thousands of Texans plan for the future. We offer flexible hours, work from home options as well as opportunities for training, growth and advancement.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to
As Program Specialist II, you will do the following in addition to the above responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning, organizing, coordinating and preparing specifications for purchasing commodities and services; prepares procurement documents; and maintains detailed records of items purchased, received, prepared, and issued.
- Assists with the preparation of procurement documentation, reviewing for accuracy, terminology, and compliance prior to processing; working with division level personnel to resolve discrepancies.
- Assists with requisitions and orders merchandise, supplies, and equipment by using, interpreting, and monitoring guidelines, rules, policies, and laws.
- Assists in preparing, reviewing, and tracking procurement documentation and expedites when necessary.
- Maintains the departmental procurement tracking tool and various purchasing and procurement reports, records, and files.
- Provides administrative and technical support in monitoring and tracking purchases to ensure accurate processing.
- Monitor and track contractor invoices to ensure accurate processing, appropriate application of budget categories, and to keep within budget.
- Assists IS Administrative team with internal and external audit activities.
- Assists with management reporting (internal and regulatory).
- Assists with travel reservations and reimbursement requests.
- Drafts edits and revisions to program policies, standards, and manuals as needed for IS Administration team to review.
- Respond to IS Records Management Requests.
- Perform and ensure maintenance of central repository for IS documentation.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or GED equivalent plus 60 semester hours from an accredited four-year college or university. Experience may be substituted for required college semester hours on a year-to-year basis.
- One (1) year to two (2) years of experience (depending on classification level) in providing administrative and technical assistance for a program or major process within an organization.
- One (1) year of basic procurement experience and/or creating and processing purchasing orders.
There are no preferred qualifications for this position.
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com