Position Title: Business Analyst
Salary Group: B24
Posting Date: 4/30/2021
Posting Number: 1295
Salary Type: Monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Closed
Class Number: 0223
Salary Range: $6,200.00 - $7,000.00
Number of Positions: 1
Who We AreOur mission is simply stated: ERS offers competitive benefits to enhance the lives of its members. The benefits help ensure that Texas has the workers needed to provide services that Texans rely on daily. These benefits contribute to the financial security and overall well-being of State of Texas employees, retirees, and their families and help to make Texas a great place to live, work, and visit. Each team member across the agency contributes to our ongoing success.
What we needOur Information Systems Division is seeking a Senior Business Analyst who will perform advanced analysis work. In this role, you will coordinate the gathering, development, and documentation of user requirements; and the review, assessment, and development of business processes. You will be a consultant to assigned areas of the organization for business-IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management, and relationship management. You will communicate decisions, priorities, and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding service requests, projects, and initiatives. You will promote the vision, value, services, and capabilities of the Information Systems division to the organization. You will act as an advocate on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs. You will work under minimal supervision, with considerable to extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, self-directed, has a keen eye for detail and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities in a technical environment. Candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills and enjoys a successful record of accomplishment that meets business objectives, enhance stakeholder relationships, and increase business value.
What you will do: Essential Functions
- Partner with business leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Partner with the project/program/portfolio management organization (PMO) to ensure a healthy and well-managed initiative portfolio.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes with and without systems and assist in the preparation of proposals to procure or develop new systems.
- Coordinate the analysis of program policies and procedures to determine their effect on automated systems and system functional areas.
- Focus on business value to develop ideas, including awareness of industry trends, risk assessments, business continuity, and business capability requirements.
- Correlate business value and priorities to planning activities and goal-setting.
- Coordinate and/or analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems; and coordinate and/or analyze computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Coordinate the service request life cycle through customer-related service request responses, business requirements coordination, technical specifications and related artifacts review, and monitor system integration and user acceptance testing prior to implementation.
- Coordinate with outside vendors and contractors to complete projects and service requests; and define, assign, and evaluate their work.
- Identify potential project risks and difficulties, and design strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
- Review complex project deliverables such as project charters, design documentation, test plans, and risk assessment plans, and provides comments and suggestions to document owners.
- May develop training curriculum and conduct formal training sessions covering assigned systems module.
- Process change requests; and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, installation, and deployment.
Required Minimum QualificationsYour application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration or management information systems is preferred. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of college credit
- Five (5) years of experience (depending on classification level) planning, eliciting, analyzing, and managing business requirements and monitoring throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Five (5) years of experience (depending on classification level) leading simple and complex business process reengineering and transformation efforts that deliver efficiency improvements in quality and customer experience
- Five (5) years of experience performing a liaison role between functional and technical teams
- Five (5) years of experience leading project teams and/or operational and strategic organizational efforts that involved managing changes and stakeholder relationships, tracking and communicating performance, ensuring resource availability and allocation, coordinating third parties/vendors and delegating tasks
Preferred QualificationsYour application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
6. Technical expertise in business systems analysis, system configuration, information security, and
internal control frameworks.
7. Technical expertise and experience with reporting databases, database design development, data
modeling, mapping, analysis and governance; skilled in SQL.
8. Technical expertise conducting enterprise business analysis such as problem/opportunity analysis,
business case and business architecture development, feasibility studies and comprehensive risk
assessments supporting value-based decision-making.
9. Technical expertise crafting comprehensive system-level documentation, system implementation
standards and training materials for users with varied levels of technical understanding.
10. Masters of Business of Administration (MBA), CCBA, CBAP, CSM, CSPO, PMI-PBA, PMP, ITIL, ICGB, or
What you will getERS offers a competitive salary, excellent health benefits and a stable, dynamic work environment in Austin, Texas, close to the capital and across from the University of Texas. This is not just a job, but an excellent opportunity to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: Work is temporarily performed remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. When it is safe to return, work will be performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com.