Our mission is simply stated: ERS offers competitive benefits to enhance the lives of its members. Each team member across the agency contributes to our ongoing success.
Seeking Records Analyst to perform routine (journey-level) records and information management work for the records management unit of the Operations Support Division. Monitors, coordinates and implements the Records Management program. Work is performed under the supervision of the Manager of Operations Support with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Serves as the Records Management Officer (RMO) for the agency.
Essential Functions includes, but it not limited to:
- Assists with planning and coordinating the agency records management program, including records creation, retention, retrieval, maintenance, protection, storage, and disposition.
- Assists with planning and coordinating the records management scanning operations to ensure that documents are scanned according to policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing, organizing and maintaining the agency’s records retention schedule to keep it current and maintain certification.
- Serves as the division Records Coordinator or Assistant Records Coordinator responsible for implementing the records management program within the division.
- Identifies procedural and technical inefficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Assist with developing and maintaining records management policies, procedures and system documentation.
- Inventories records, researches retention requirements, studies needs and processes and prepares lists, analyses, and reports in accordance with agency needs, known requirements and good records management practices.
- Assists with developing and presenting records management education programs for agency staff.
- Stays current on state and federal records management law, agency records requirements and current technology applicable to records management and related technology.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent, plus 60 semester hours of college credit. Each year of related Records Management experience over the minimum requirement may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of college credit.
- Six (6) months of Records Management experience, (within the last 5 years) which may include maintaining electronic and/or paper records, document imaging, retention schedules, storage and/or disposal of records.
- One (1) year experience using a computer to research, retrieve and provide information.
- One (1) year experience using analytical skills and applying analytical procedures.
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- College or university degree in public/business administration, history, government, library/information science, or related field.
- Experience in document scanning and/or microform management.
- Professional experience in developing and presenting training.
- Experience with pension and/or benefits records.
- Experience using MS Access or Filemaker Pro.
- Experience using MS SharePoint.
- Professional Records Management Certification (CRA, CRM, IGP, CIP, CIPP, etc.)
ERS offers a hybrid work schedule. Work is performed in a warehouse/maintenance/office environment and includes remote opportunities. Must be able to lift boxes, equipment, and/or furniture weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. May work in dusty conditions. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989