Non-emergency transportation benefit for HealthSelect Medicare Advantage participants
Did you know that HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan preferred provider organization (MA PPO) participants have access to a non-emergency transportation benefit? Plan participants are eligible for up to 24 one-way rides every year to and from medical appointments and the pharmacy at no cost. Members can contact ModivCare for more information and to schedule trips at (833) 219-1182, TTY: (844) 488-9724, or online at modivcare.com/BookNow.
Things to know:
- There is no cost to the participant for routine transportation, up to the annual limit.
- Trips must be to or from plan-approved medically related locations/appointments and limited to ground transportation only.
- Each one-way trip must not exceed 50 miles. A single trip is a one-way transportation; a round trip is two trips.
- The benefit cannot be used for emergency-related trips. In case of an emergency, call 911.
- You can have one companion per trip. (The companion must be at least 18 years old.)
- Wheelchair/stretcher services are available upon request.
- Standard transportation services must be requested at least two business days, but not more than 30 days, before a scheduled appointment.
- Weekend scheduling is available for urgent requests only. Contact ModivCare at the number above for more information.
Questions about the plan benefits?
Visit HealthSelect-MAPPO.com or call UnitedHealthcare® toll-free at (855) 853-0453, (TTY: 711), 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT, Monday – Friday; 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. CT, Saturday.