Plan and save money on health care expenses with HealthSelect’s Cost Estimator
When your health care provider schedules a test or procedure, you want to be focused on your health—not your finances. Your HealthSelectSM medical plan offers peace of mind with Provider Finder®. Use Provider Finder to get a cost estimate for services so you can plan ahead. Search for in-network medical and mental health care providers, as well as in-network medical facilities that provide lab work and diagnostic tests.
When to use the Cost Estimator
If your primary care provider or specialist orders a test or procedure, you can use Provider Finder to search for in-network providers and get cost estimates for your out-of-pocket costs before you get care. You can also compare the quality ratings for providers close to you who perform the service and see the cost estimate for each location. After comparing your options, you can select the provider that’s right for you.
To access Provider Finder and the cost estimator tool:
- Log in to Blue Access for MembersSM. Visit www.healthselectoftexas.com and click on “Log In” in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage. Note: If you do not yet have a Blue Access for Members account, select “Register Now” from the drop-down box, and follow the registration instructions.
- Go to Provider Finder. Once you’re logged in, click on the “Doctors & Hospitals” tab. Then click “Find a Doctor” to launch Provider Finder.
- In Provider Finder, select “Cost Estimates” and search for your procedure. From the “Browse by Category” dropdown on the left side of the screen, you can choose “Cost Estimates,” which will bring up a list of common services. From the list, select the procedure you’d like to research. If you know the name of your procedure, you can type in a specific search term instead.
- Review the search results. Search results will show you in-network health care providers who perform the procedure. You will be able to see the facility/provider name and your estimated out-of-pocket cost for each available provider. Review your search results and choose up to four providers to compare side-by-side.
- Select a provider. Click on a provider for a cost breakdown of the service, including both your out-of-pocket costs and the cost to your plan.
You’ll also find information like:
- provider highlights,
- contact information,
- specialties and expertise,
- awards and recognitions, including quality designations and
- hospital and medical group affiliations.
Provider Finder and the cost estimator tool let you know what you will pay for medical services. Comparing costs gives you options that help you get the most of your benefits and may help you save money on your health care.
If you have any questions about Provider Finder or need help finding an in-network health care provider, call a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039 (TTY: 711), Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. CT.