Elected State Official (ESO) Account for Retirees
This retirement information is based on current ERS laws and rules. If you have taken a withdrawal of your retirement account balance, you no longer have those years of service credit in your account. They will not count towards your years of service credit at retirement.
|Type 1||Type 2|
|Service Credit||8 years of ESO service credit||12 years of ESO service credit|
|Age||60 or above||50 or above|
*Notice about Insurance
Health and other insurance benefits for employees and retirees are subject to change based on available State funding. The Texas Legislature determines the level of funding for such benefits and has no continuing obligation to provide those benefits beyond each fiscal year.
- ESO Retirement Booklet
- Frequently asked questions about retirement
- Planning Your Retirement Booklet (pdf)
- Purchasing Service Credit
- Ready, Set, Retire! presentation (pdf)
- Ready, Set, Retire! (video)
- Regular State Employee Retirement and Insurance Overview (pdf)
- Retirement overview