You can call TIPP Customer Care toll‐free at (855) 604‐6230 (TTY ‐ 711), Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
- You’ll be able to get all of your income protection questions answered, even if you are not enrolled in TIPP yet.
- Plan participants can start or follow up on a claim.
You can also use our self‐service feature available from the TIPP website 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Click on the self‐service link at the top right.
- From there you can submit a claim.
- Get information about an existing claim.
- Upload claim documentation.
Once you complete the intake process, you will be assigned to a claim manager who will work with you through the life of your claim.
A TIPP Customer Care representative may contact your health care providers to verify medical information. This is an important part of the claims approval process. This may take a few hours, a few days, or longer. Not filing immediately will only hold up the claim process. This could mean waiting longer than you have to for your first disability payment. New short-term disability claims have a minimum 30-day waiting period. New long-term disability claims have a minimum 180-day waiting period before benefits can be paid.
Be proactive. Report your scheduled disability leave up to 30 days ahead of time. This will speed up the process and, if approved, get you your money as soon as possible.