What's Happening Now?
For active employees and retirees not eligible for Medicare
We’re turning 75!
Share your memories
The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelect Secondary Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect, administered by BCBSTXSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
- Administered by Superior Vision
- Administered by Alight Solutions
- Administered by Beneplace
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Prescription for health: the great outdoors!June 01, 2022
As little as 20 minutes a day spent outdoors helps reduce stress.
The Institute of Student Loan Advisors can help answer questions about the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. Read to see who is eligible for PSLF and how to get more information.
What are value-added benefits?June 01, 2022
Have you ever wondered how ERS and its health plan administrator can offer great extra benefits, like weight management plans and gym memberships, at no or low cost to you?
A health plan that best meets your needs is important to your and your family’s overall well-being—and so are the optional benefits ERS offers.
Summer Enrollment for Plan Year 2023 will begin soon, so now is a great time to learn about HealthSelectSM plans’ medical coverage.
Retirees not eligible for Medicare: Summer Enrollment is your time to change your benefitsJune 06, 2022
The annual benefits enrollment period for participants in the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) who are not eligible for Medicare will start soon. Find out when to enroll, premiums and more.
Focus on vision before the plan year endsJune 06, 2022
State of Texas VisionSM participants, Plan Year 2022 benefits will expire soon. Discover when your benefits will expire and the benefits available to you.
In a few months, ERS will be 75 years old! We are excited to be celebrating this big milestone. A lot has changed. Learn about the ways we’re trying to stay engaged with you and others in our community.
ERS reconnects in person with retireesJune 06, 2022
On April 26 and 27, ERS held its biennial Staying Connected retiree fairs in Austin. Read more about this event.
The Power of VulnerabilityMay 03, 2022
During May we will be providing opportunities to connect and explore topics related to mental health so we can all help to improve our workplace cultures across the state.
Getting fit: a Wondr-ful idea!April 06, 2022
For the first time in her 20-year career, Kristn Trimble decided to participate in the 2022 Get Fit Texas! challenge—and simultaneously use her health plan's weight management program. Now, she's hooked on a healthier lifestyle.
At the “heart” of her return to work: Affordable health insuranceFebruary 02, 2022
Stacey Brown's heart health was among the reasons Brown decided to join the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in March 2019.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
A public servant for public healthMay 05, 2021
Rachel Edberg, a program evaluator for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), knows all about the need for good health care coverage.
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.