The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelectSM Secondary and Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
- Administered by Superior Vision
- Administered by Alight Solutions
- Administered by Beneplace
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Six ways Blue Access for Members helps you manage your health, your waySeptember 07, 2022
Your Blue Access for MembersSM participant portal can help you manage your health, your way. Here are six reasons to log in and start using it today.
Choose a primary care provider for better health and savingsSeptember 07, 2022
Having a primary care provider is important. They can help you manage chronic conditions, coordinate with other providers and help you navigate your health care. Learn more about how to choose one in your HealthSelectSM medical plan.
How to make the most of your TexFlex FSASeptember 07, 2022
Get your new plan year off to the right start by learning to make the most of your TexFlexSM flexible spending account. Check out our five easy tips.
A September to remember your flu shotSeptember 07, 2022
Get your flu shot now for protection all season long. Your HealthSelectSM plan covers the vaccine at no cost to you if you get it from an in-network provider. Read how to keep you and your family safe from the virus’s worst effects.
ERS adopts new rules and rule amendments at its August board meetingSeptember 07, 2022
Proposed and adopted changes to ERS rules are also published throughout the year in the Texas Register.
Fall Enrollment begins October 31 for Medicare-eligible retireesSeptember 12, 2022
Fall Enrollment begins October 31 through November 18 for Medicare-eligible retirees.
John R. Rutherford joins ERS Board of TrusteesJohn R. Rutherford was appointed to the ERS Board in May 2022 by Gov. Greg Abbott.September 12, 2022
Message from the Executive Director: 75 years of vital benefits - and an eye to the futureSeptember 12, 2022
As we celebrate this milestone many of us at ERS have been reflecting not just on the past 75 years, but on the decades ahead. Read more about this milestone and how our programs continue to serve members and retirees.
Life Insurance for retireesSeptember 12, 2022
While your financial needs, goals and dreams may change, protecting your loved ones will always be important.
75 Years - looking back and looking forwardSeptember 12, 2022
September 2, 2022, marked 75 years since the ERS first opened in 1947, with only three employees working out of a few rooms of a North Congress Avenue apartment building. Share your story!
Getting fit: a Wondr-ful idea!April 06, 2022
For the first time in her 20-year career, Kristn Trimble decided to participate in the 2022 Get Fit Texas! challenge—and simultaneously use her health plan's weight management program. Now, she's hooked on a healthier lifestyle.
At the “heart” of her return to work: Affordable health insuranceFebruary 02, 2022
Stacey Brown's heart health was among the reasons Brown decided to join the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in March 2019.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
A public servant for public healthMay 05, 2021
Rachel Edberg, a program evaluator for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), knows all about the need for good health care coverage.
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.