What's Happening Now?
ERS Board of Trustees Election
Friday, May 12 - Friday, June 16
The following links will take you off the ERS website and to the websites of our benefit programs.
- HealthSelect of Texas®, including HealthSelectSM Secondary and Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM Administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan PPO Insured by UnitedHealthcare
Prescription Drug Coverage
- HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program Administered by OptumRx
- HealthSelectSM Medicare Rx Administered by UnitedHealthcare
Life and AD&D Insurance
- Basic Term, Optional Term, Dependent Term and Retiree Fixed Optional Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- State of Texas Dental Choice PlanSM Administered by Delta Dental
- DeltaCare USA DHMO Insured by Delta Dental
Tax-advantaged Spending/Savings Accounts
- TexFlexSM health care, dependent care and limited-purpose flexible spending accounts Administered by PayFlex
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect health savings accounts Administered by Optum Bank
- State of Texas Retirement Administered by ERS
- Texa$averSM 401(k) / 457 Program Administered by Empower Retirement
Texas Income Protection PlanSM (TIPP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance Administered by ReedGroup
State of Texas Vision
- Administered by Superior Vision
Dependent Eligibility Verification
- Administered by Alight Solutions
Discount Purchase Program
- Administered by Beneplace
Benefits Coordinator Community Group
News and resources for benefits coordinators and HR professionals
Register with us
Doing Business with ERS
Vendors, Benefits Administrators, Investment Service Providers or External Advisors
Find out how much I pay for coverage each month:
Get answers to questions about my ERS retirement
Celebrating Women’s Health Week, May 14 – 20May 03, 2023
Mother’s Day marks the beginning of National Women’s Health Week. This week, May 14 – 20, is a great time to remind women about the importance of taking care of their physical and mental health.
Term life insurance 101May 03, 2023
Term life insurance helps you prepare for the unexpected with extra financial protection during your working years. Your life insurance benefits help protect your family’s financial future.
Recognize mental health concerns in your loved onesMay 03, 2023
May is Mental Health Awareness month and a good reminder to check in with your loved ones. Your HealthSelectSM medical plan offers resources and support for mental health issues.
Your vote matters in the upcoming ERS trustee election! Find out more about the May 11 candidate forum and your options to vote.
New third-party administrator for HealthSelect Prescription Drug Program beginning Jan. 1, 2024May 03, 2023
Optum Rx will continue to administer prescription drug benefits through Dec. 31, 2023. Stay tuned for more information.
Non-emergency transportation benefit for HealthSelect Medicare Advantage participantsMarch 13, 2023
Did you know that HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage preferred provider organization (MA PPO) plan participants have access to a non-emergency transportation benefit?
Who will be our next trustee?March 13, 2023
Nominations for potential ERS Board members ends on March 31.
Message from the executive directorMarch 13, 2023
The constancy of change—and ERS’ commitment to change for the better.
Take a “glance” at what ERS has accomplishedMarch 13, 2023
A look back at accomplishments and milestones from Fiscal Year 2022
The one thing we can all do todayIf we step back for a moment and focus on the one thing that is the most important to support our health, it may be our annual preventive exam. Here are a few reasons why this is an incredibly important step toward building and maintaining our health.March 13, 2023
Getting fit: a Wondr-ful idea!April 06, 2022
For the first time in her 20-year career, Kristn Trimble decided to participate in the 2022 Get Fit Texas! challenge—and simultaneously use her health plan's weight management program. Now, she's hooked on a healthier lifestyle.
At the “heart” of her return to work: Affordable health insuranceFebruary 02, 2022
Stacey Brown's heart health was among the reasons Brown decided to join the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) in March 2019.
Beating pre-diabetes through diet and exerciseNovember 03, 2021
Pre-diabetes is no match for Luciano Chavez Jr.'s determination to beat it!
A public servant for public healthMay 05, 2021
Rachel Edberg, a program evaluator for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), knows all about the need for good health care coverage.
The out-of-pocket maximum: a guardian of your life savingsSeptember 02, 2020
Rosanna Boyd's out-of-pocket maximum protected her from health bills that could threaten her financial stability.