Avoiding Unexpected Health Costs
If we get sick and see a doctor or are hurt and go to the hospital, we expect our health insurance to pay much of the cost. When we get a bill we didn’t plan on, it can be surprising, maybe even a bigger shock than the illness or injury.
If you understand how your health plan works and what your share of the costs may be, you can help avoid unwelcome – and expensive – surprises.
- How Texas protects consumers from surprise medical bills
- Want to stop costly medical bills? Watch this. | Insurance 101
- Know your options—and the costs—for urgent and emergency care
- Plan ahead with in-network providers to help prevent surprise medical bills
- Have an upcoming procedure or diagnostic test? Avoid surprise medical bills and delays with these tips.
- Texas Health Options: a resource for understanding how to find and use health insurance
- Health plan and prescription checklist. Changes as of January 2018
- PPO? HMO? Point-of-service? HDHP? What does it all mean?
- Understanding your health plan premium
- Where to go for urgent and emergency care