As an eligible employee of the State of Texas, you have the opportunity to participate in Term Life insurance programs for yourself and your eligible dependents.Active employees enrolled in a Group Benefits Program health plan (GBP) automatically receive $5,000 of Basic Term Life Insurance and $5,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) at no cost. The Basic Term Life Insurance benefit provides a foundation of coverage. You have the option of building on this foundation with additional coverage, some without providing Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
For more information on the options available to you and your family, including eligibility and definitions, please select from the following links and other resources provided on this site.
- Optional Term Life Insurance with AD&D,
- Dependent Term Life Insurance,
- Extended Life Insurance Benefits,
- Accelerated Life Benefit,
- Conversion Privilege, and
- Viatical Settlement Option