August 2020 Board Meeting
JOINT MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES AND
INVESTMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
ERS will conduct this meeting virtually; there is no in-person meeting.
All or part of the August 19, 2020 meeting of the ERS Board of Trustees may be held by video conference call as authorized under Section 551.127 of the Texas Government Code. THIS MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED BY VIDEOCONFERENCE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GOVERNOR’S AUTHORIZATION CONCERNING SUSPENSION OF CERTAIN OPEN MEETING LAW REQUIREMENTS IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) DISASTER. A quorum of members of the Board will participate in the meeting remotely and will be visible and/or audible to the public. Members of the public may access the meeting by clicking http://ers.texas.gov/about-ers/ers-board-of-trustees/2020-august-board-meeting
Members of the public may provide public comment on agenda items presented to the Board by registering first with ERS by submitting an email to Kelley.email@example.com identifying the name of the speaker and agenda item no later than 7:30 a.m. on August 19, 2020. Further instructions will be provided to those that request to make a public comment no later than August 19, 2020.
Meeting of the ERS Board of Trustees' Audit Committee, Audit Committee presentation, Audit Committee minutes
- Financial Statement Auditor Presentation
- Private Equity Audit
- Status of Audit Recommendations
Joint Meeting of the ERS Board of Trustees and Investment Advisory Committee, Joint Board of Trustees and IAC presentation, Joint Board of Trustees and IAC minutes
19. Reminder date for next Joint Meeting of the ERS Board of Trustees and Investment Advisory Committee, the next meeting of the Board of Trustees and the next meeting of the Audit Committee, materials 19, video 19
Meeting of the ERS Board of Trustees, Board of Trustees presentation, Board of Trustees minutes, Joint Board of Trustees and IAC minutes
24. Review, Discussion and Consideration of the Proposed Amendments and Proposed New Rules of the Board of Trustees, Texas Administrative Code, Title 34, Part IV, Chapter 75 (Hazardous Profession Death Benefits), Chapter 81 (Insurance) and Chapter 85 (Flexible Benefits); Statutory Rule Review for Chapters 75 and 85 - (Action), materials 24, video 24
- Legislative Update
- Legislative Appropriations Request for 2022-2023
- Summer Enrollment for Plan Year 2021
- 1836 San Jacinto building update
36. Executive Session – In accordance with Section 551.074, Texas Government Code, the ERS Board of Trustees will meet in executive session to deliberate the employment, evaluation and duties of the Executive Director of the Employees Retirement System of Texas. In accordance with Section 551.072, Texas Government Code, the ERS Board of Trustees will meet in executive session to deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of Real Property and the ERS building. The entire quorum of the Board of Trustees will also be in attendance at the executive session via video conference call in accordance with Section 551.127 of the Texas Government Code as modified by Governor Abbott’s Emergency Order suspending certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020. Thereafter, the Board may consider appropriate action in open session., materials 36, video 36
* We are accredited by the State Pension Review Board (PRB) as a Minimum Educational Training (MET) sponsor for Texas public retirement systems. This accreditation does not constitute an endorsement by the PRB as to the quality of our MET program. These agenda items may be considered in-house training provided by ERS to board trustees and the system administrator for purposes of fulfilling the MET program requirements. ERS is an accredited sponsor of MET for its system administrator and trustees.
- Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need special assistance are requested to contact Kelley Davenport at (512) 867-7772 three to five (3-5) working days prior to the meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
- The Employees Retirement System of Texas Board of Trustees committee as a whole and the Joint Board of Trustees and Investment Advisory Committee intend to attend the August 19, 2020 ERS Board of Trustees Meeting via videoconference call in accordance with Section 552.127 of the Texas Government Code and with the Governor’s authorizationconcerning suspension of certain Open Meeting law requirements in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disaster.
The Employees Retirement System of Texas Board of Trustees will convene as a committee of the whole on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 to take up Audit agenda items from 8:00 a.m. to approximately 9:00 a.m., Joint Board of Trustees and Investment Advisory Committee items from 9:10 a.m. to approximately 12:10 p.m., and the Board of Trustees meeting items from 12:40 p.m. to approximately 5:20 p.m., but may hear those items before or after the anticipated time frame. Meetings are tentatively scheduled to follow each other consecutively, but they may start earlier or later than the posted time depending on the length of the discussions within each agenda item and meeting and other circumstances not presently anticipated. Please note that the estimated times and sequence of agenda items are only approximate, and the time reflected in the posted agenda item, order of meetings or agenda items may be moved or adjusted as necessary.