Life Changes for Retirees
When you experience a life event, there are potential benefits available to you and a possible opportunity to make changes. The following qualifying life events may allow you to add and/or drop you, your spouse, and/or child(ren) to coverage within the first 31 days of the event.
- Children (age of child)
- Employment changes
- Moving (out of service area)
- Medicaid, HIPP and Chip
- Divorce / Court orders for health coverage
Timing is everything for coverage changes
If changes are not made within 31 days of the event, you will need to wait until the next enrollment period.
- Confirm that you have a qualifying life event (see above).
- Identify and use the correct reason for the change when making changes to your account.
- Complete a Dependent Child Certification Form if adding a dependent child.