DeltaCare® USA Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO)
The Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) through ERS offers to dental insurance plans to employees. Both the DeltaCare USA DHMO and the State of Texas Dental Choice plan are administered by Delta Dental. Below you’ll find more information about the DHMO.
- You must use network providers and designate a primary care dentist (PCD). Before you enroll, make sure there is a DHMO network dentist in your area. You and your covered dependents are not required to select the same PCD.
- You can see a PCD as often as necessary.
- Includes two covered routine exams and cleanings per calendar year.
- There are no yearly maximums or deductibles.
- Copays do not apply to services received from participating specialty dentists. Instead, you receive up to 25% discount off the full cost for those services when your PCD coordinates your care with a network specialist.
- Orthodontic coverage is available to adults and children.
- Costs vary depending upon services provided. For a detailed list of services and coverage, visit the DeltaCare USA DHMO coverage page.
Eligibility and Enrollment
- The plan is available to GBP eligible employees, retirees and dependents. Evidence of Insurability is never required to enroll in this plan.
- You and your dependents must enroll in the same dental plan.
- You can enroll in this plan during your first 31 days of employment. There is no waiting period.
- You can also enroll when you have a qualifying life event (QLE) such as marriage and benefits will begin on the first of the month following the event.
- You can enroll during your designated Annual Enrollment period. Benefits begin on September 1 for active employees and non-Medicare eligible retirees who participate in Summer Enrollment or January 1 for Medicare-eligible retirees participating in Fall Enrollment.